River Valley Action is a non-partisan, progressive, political organization that, through education, observation, and action, keeps our members and neighbors informed on state issues impacting residents of Washington County.
- Quality heath care for all
- Quality public education
- A cleaner environment
- Expand human rights and opportunities
Mixing Oil & Water?
Perspectives on the Sandpiper Oil Pipeline
Monday, April 13, 2015 • 7:00-8:30 p.m.
White Bear Unitarian Universalist Church • 328 Maple Street, Mahtomedi, MN 55115
Minnesota policy makers are considering approval of a new Enbridge Energy oil pipeline, the Sandpiper, to be built across Northern Minnesota.
The plan and route have sparked a considerable amount of debate across multiple viewpoints from environmental and safety concerns to alternative routes and job creation.
You’re invited to an intelligent conversation on the Sandpiper oil pipeline project.
Deborah Pile from the Minnesota Department of Commerce will provide an overview of the project and review process. Next, brief presentations from representatives of multiple perspectives will be given, followed by a panel discussion moderated by Pile.
1. Paul Eberth, Sandpiper Project Director, Enbridge Energy
2. Scott Lucas, Watershed Project Manager, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
3. Julia Donnelly, Political Director of Local 49 of the Operating Engineers
4. Richard Smith, President, Friends of the Headwaters
Come and make up your own mind on this important issue.
Light refreshments will be provided. Sponsored by River Valley Action.
For more information go to www.RiverValleyAction.org.