River Valley Action Monthly Gathering
Thursday, June 14, 2012 | 6:30 – 8:30 P.M.
Guest Speaker: Liz Loeb
Democracy Campaign Manager at Take Action Minnesota
- Member reports on recent activities
- 7:00 P.M. Liz Loeb from Take Action Minnesota will:
- Provide a wrap-up of 2012 legislative session
- Preview likely legislative issues in 2013
- Discuss the Voter Suppression Constitutional Amendment
and the Our Vote Our Future Campaign
- Possible approval of and planning for an August forum on the topic of the influence of money in American politics and elections
- Consider "movie night" in July with the showing of Bill Moyer's
ECONOMIC MALPRACTICE and the MILLENIALS
At our April Meeting, we endorsed the 'Our Vote Our Future Campaign' to defeat the Voter Suppression Constitutional Amendment. The Campaign has phone banks at TAKE ACTION MINNESOTA Offices every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday Nights in June from 6:00 to 9:00 P.M. Take Action Offices are at 705 Raymond Ave. Suite #100, Saint Paul. Volunteers are needed and may sign up by calling Liz at 651-379-0763 or on their web site page www.takeactionminnesota.org.
WHO ARE WE? River Valley Action is a group of citizens in Washington County who value a healthy and informed civic community. We are individual residents and include members of labor unions, non-profit organizations, and several faith communities.
WHAT DO WE DO? We meet monthly and work together in a nonpartisan manner to make our progressive values heard. We do this through organizing public forums and actively tracking public policy issues at the local and state levels.
WHO CAN JOIN? All citizens wanting to have their voices heard and ideas for the common good shared! No membership fee.
Monthly meetings are held at the
Washington County Government Center, South Wing
14949 62nd St. North, Stillwater, MN
Note: Please sign in with the security officer on main level and check for room number